Monday, July 7, 2008

Ridgecrest Spidermonkeys and other Tidbits from the Weekend.

So I have had so much fun playing softball with Eastside CoC these last few months I decided to put together a team of my own comprised of our church member. We have a lot of guys with really good talent and then we have some people that are not that great and a few guys that are in the middle. The Spidermonkey's had their first game tonight, we lost 2 in a row. That is the bad news, the good news is we are playing in a really competitive league (1 above what I did with Eastside) so I look forward to seeing what we could do against some guys that are about at the same talent level that we are. We had a guy that hit a 3 run homerun and another that got a triple so we definitely have the offense to compete at this level. We need some work defensively. Everyone involved seemed to have a good time and it is a great feeling to know that I was a part of starting up something new at our church.

On a sad note, previous to the game I was a pallbearer in Amy's great grandmother's funeral before the game. It was kind of expected, but it is still never easy to lose someone that you love, so I am asking for prayers for Amy and her family. The funeral was beautiful and it was neat seeing the life that she led and the people that she touched. She was a wonderful Christian woman and I only wish that I would have had the privilege of getting to know her better.

0 comments: