Friday, June 20, 2008

Dude where's my (fill in the blank)

So if you know me at all you are well aware of the fact that I can manage to lose just about everything all the time. I have been told that losing stuff frequently is an early sign that you may have Alzheimer's disease later in life. If this is true, I anticipate that I should have Alzheimer's by... Sunday at noon. :)

Anyways losing my stuff has been a recurring theme for me this week. I went to watch The Incredible Hulk on Wednesday with my buddy B.J. I knew that I needed my wallet, so I had put in a nearby spot in my living. BJ arrived at my house right on time to give us plenty of time to make it to the movie on time, but I couldnt find my wallet that I had sat out. Anyways I decide that I am just going to go without it. Amy thinks this is a bad idea, but I am convinced that everything will be right. We make it to the movies without a problem and I am stoked about how awesome the movie was. On the way home apparently I had a lead foot and was doing 48 in a 35 and I get to have an impromptu meet and greet with one of Midwest City's police officers. He asks me if I knew why I pulled him over and my mind automatically starts thinking of a joke I had heard earlier in the day about how if you are asked this question make the officer confused or make him laugh by saying "Because I'm Black!!!" Anyways hes asks for my license and registration. I say well we have a little problem there I dont exactly have it, I left it at home. but I know my drivers license number and anything else on the license I can get to you. He takes all my info down and says I'll be back and walks back to his car, a few minutes go by and he comes back and says I need you to raise your right hand. At his point I am like, great I am going to jail. He says repeat after me I swear I will not do 48 in a 35 again. I repeat, but I felt kinda bad because at some point I probably will again but thats beside the point.

You would have figured I would have learned my lesson, but guess what? I didnt. I woke up Friday morning to go to work and guess what I cant find? Thats right, cant find that slippery wallet again. I dont worry about it too much though, b/c occasionally I will leave it at work by mistake. Well I didnt leave it at work, but I didnt feel too bad b/c occasionally if my wallet is not at work it is in the truck. Well it wasnt in the truck either so I am less than 48 hrs removed from this run in with the law and I am already driving w/o a license again. By the way I found my wallet and it is worth mentioning that my wallet is about the size of a checkbook for all of those that believe that wallets get lost often. Mine should not, it should be pretty to easy to locate for most people. I unfortunately am not "most people".

Hope you enjoyed the read, I am off to enjoy my last day before the Alzheimer's kicks in.

2 comments:

clay said...

Remember when you used to always lock your keys in your car. That was funny. I think I had that door and lock figured out so well that I could unlock your door with a hanger in like 4.2 seconds (that's the same as our 40 time in high school). The best time, though, was when we pulled up to the old palace at the high school and you locked your keys in the car with it running and STILL IN GEAR!

Cooter said...

you would have thought I would have learned a lesson from that, but I did it again at a gas station